Background

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oh the joys!

Ok so this post will be a bit short, or maybe not. Firstly, I found out that my nephew made it through his transplant and is doing well. So well in fact that they took him out of sedation immediately. What a little trooper he is, and I am so proud of him.

Ok next up, I've noticed lately that my son is very defiant and destructive. Now I don't know if this is just a phase but he doesn't listen as well as he used to, and he's been destroying his toys lately to my utter disdain. He's just not listening, I hope he grows out of it because I'm gonna be at my wit's end and soon.

To my utter shock, I lost my whole portfolio of pics on my computer today, which makes me angry because I had MANY pictures on my computer that never got backed up to a website. I'm so mad that I didn't back them up myself, how aweful that all my memories of my son are GONE!!! Well at least the ones that never made it on to facebook anyways.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment! I'm SO sorry to hear about your pictures - I would be devastated if that happened to me! I hope you had a lot of them up on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to know your "nephew" :) is doing well. I read your other post and know how precious our extended family is.

    So sorry to hear about your pictures. What a bummer! I take tons of pictures and would be so disheartened. Thanks for following along at Sugar Tails. I really look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to meet you!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment.

    I am happy to hear the baby is doing well. My youngest (now a healthy 22 year old) was born with a congenital heart defect and she had surgery when she was six to repair it. There is nothing, nothing, nothing worse than watching your child go through that experience! I will keep him and his parents in my prayers.

    So you say you have a toddler who is defiant. ha ha ha ha ha Honey, they're ALL defiant! Totally normal and as irritating as hell. lol He'll grow out of it. If he is breaking his toys, put them all in storage and just give him things like shoeboxes, kitchen utensils (not knives lol, spatulas, ladles, that kind of thing), stuff he can't break. As he grows out of it, give the toys back one at a time. It will lower your aggravation level. And it's all about keeping Mama happy. :)

    Hope that isn't too bossy, but I remember those days and would have appreciated any advice to make things easier. I'm looking forward to updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your comments, I appreciate them and I welcome them.

    Marie I will take your advice, toys are SOOO expensive!

    ReplyDelete